Weather Gadget

Bilkodog 22:16 09 Jun 09

Hi all,
I'm running Vista Home Premium and have had the Weather Gadget in the sidebar showing the weather for my home town (Blackburn) working fine.
However, a couple of weeks ago it stopped working correctly and froze on 13 degrees and cloudy and the 'Options' (little spanner) has disapeared.
The odd thing is I can select any other town (local or worldwide) and it functions correctly but select Blackburn and it always shows the same temp, day or night.
Any ideas?

Woolwell 22:45 09 Jun 09

Works ok for me.
Have you tried the Met Office Gadget click here

Clapton is God 13:35 10 Jun 09

"it stopped working correctly and froze on 13 degrees and cloudy"

I was born in Blackburn and from my recollection (I live elsewhere now), if the weather in Blackburn is ever anything other than 13 degrees and cloudy, I'd be amazed.

Graham. 14:54 10 Jun 09

Played a big part in my life until it burned down.

Bilkodog 20:26 10 Jun 09

Thanks guys, still unsure what the problem is though.

Clapton is god - nothing wrong with your recollection.

peter99co 20:52 10 Jun 09

Tell Microsoft to fix it by sending a mail to their support site.

chub_tor 21:11 10 Jun 09

Weatherbug click here is my favourite weather gadget.

keef66 11:03 11 Jun 09

Could you get Microsoft to sort out the weather in Newmarket while you're at it?

What happens if you get rid of the gadget from the desktop then reinstate it?

Bilkodog 19:53 11 Jun 09

Keef66 - tried it still the same, any town but Blackburn.

Chub_tor - I did try Weatherbug but the feed comes from Blackpool (seaside town) which is not the same weather as Blackburn (20 miles inland),

On reflection, this problem may have started since trying Weatherbug. I didn't notice the fault for a while as, like Clapton is God said, Blackburn is usually 13 & cloudy.
Weatherbug was uninstalled and no files remain on the HDD?

keef66 10:34 12 Jun 09

I'll try switching ours to Blackburn tonight, see what I get.

Bilkodog 20:35 12 Jun 09

Thanks keef66, but its not the Blackburn feed thats at fault as it works fine on the wifes machine, its something on mine that at fault,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…