Weak USB ports

ladyfromwood 11:59 03 Jan 07

I have a laptop and my usb ports have become weak. As my computer is getting on now I have decided to buy a new one. My next problem is how do I transfer my i tunes library to my new computer. Can anyone help please.

Jackcoms 13:28 03 Jan 07

"I have a laptop and my usb ports have become weak"

What do you mean - "have become weak"? Weak in what way?

Jackcoms 14:05 03 Jan 07

Via e-mail:

"I can use some things through the usb ports printer etc but not my i pod"

Please do not use the yellow envelope to contact members unless invited to do so.

USB ports do not become 'weak'. It is probably the case that you have USB 1.1 type (slower) and your iPod requires USB 2 (faster) type ports.

Normally USB 2 devices will operate through USB 1.1 ports but at the slower speed.

Are you sure that the USB ports are the culprit or is it the iPod?

My daughter can use her iPod Nano through USB 1.1 ports.

Belatucadrus 14:12 03 Jan 07

Sounds like you've overloaded the power supply with your USB peripherals requirements. You could try a powered USB hub.

ladyfromwood 19:31 03 Jan 07

Thank you for your help but the i pod is fine it is my usb ports. I will try a powered usb hub. Cheers

howard64 20:35 03 Jan 07

your ipod library is normally in my documents - my music. Simply copy it to a cd/dvd or flash drive and install in the same position in your new laptop.

dunk 16:30 04 Jan 07

The newer version of Itunes has a facility to back up your entire library from the file menu

dunk 16:33 04 Jan 07

what do you mean by weak?

a slow transfer speed or intermittent connection with errors.

Is the Ipod csble damaged?

Do other USB devices work in your laptop

Jackcoms 16:37 04 Jan 07

I think you'll find that, in one way or another, your questions have already been asked.

We are still awaiting a response (or a green tick) from ladyfromwood.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…