Weak internet signal, related to O/S?

ITBuffoon 26 Jun 11

I have a problem with a desktop PC.

The wireless and router works perfectly OK with laptops, ipods and iphones around the house. The desktop, via a netwok adaptor, picks up wireless, but it's so weak as to be unusable.

The problem seems to be one of signal strength for the desktop (the PC, with a Belkin network adaptor, only picks up the signal when in close proximity to the router - a few feet), but this problem only arose after a re-install of Windows.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue after a re-install?

I have tried all the recommended things........changing the channel on the router, reinstalling the network adaptor drivers, a new network adaptor...

But the nagging thing seems to me to be the fact the problems only started after an O/S re-install....

Please help!!!!

Strawballs 26 Jun 11

Not after re installation of windows but I had trouble with a PCI card once getting interference from the electrics of the desk top until I installed one with an Arielon a lead which I could put up away from the back.

Strawballs 26 Jun 11

Should read Ariel on a lead

mgmcc 26 Jun 11

"Should read Ariel on a lead"

Should read Aerial on a lead, unless using washing powder! ;)

onthelimit1 27 Jun 11

'unless using washing powder'

Or an old motor bike!

Strawballs 28 Jun 11

onthelimit1

Just the Square 4

onthelimit1 29 Jun 11

Ah, now you're talking - my Dad had one with a 'chair' for the family.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message