WD passport- reformatting?

Jo77 19:54 18 Jan 09

Hi

I have a WD passport external drive with WD sync software which automatically runs when I connect it.

I want to just use the drive as an external drive which I can drag files to. How do I reformat it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jo

MAT ALAN 19:58 18 Jan 09

click here
this may help...

bretsky 21:53 18 Jan 09

Perhaps owners of this drive or similar with this sync software should read this click here

You are wise to reformat!

bretsky ;0(

woodchip 22:01 18 Jan 09

Why not Partition the Drive so you can use part of it to drag files to. and use the first partition as is.

PS When Software starts Have you tried turning it of with x in top corner then Press Windows Key + E key to start Windows Explorer then try dragging files onto the drive in there

Jo77 10:12 19 Jan 09

Well, I have deleted the WDSync.exe file on the hard drive and reformatted the drive to NTFS.

Now I will just use it the drag and drop files to.

I must admit, with no documentation provided re: WD Sync software, I was unsure what it actually did. Now have read up and realise it should not to be used to backup files (more to replicate files on your laptop). It sounds like some people have used the software thinking that it backs-up all files which has caused issues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…