WD Elements external hard drive

weemacs 25 Aug 11
Answered

I have a WD Elements external hard drive which has worked perfectly and done a weekly backup on my pc as scheduled. I now have a new pc and it doesn't back it up. Do I have to remove the old pc from the hard drive before it willinteract with the new one. I am running windows 7. Thanks

gengiscant 25 Aug 11

Does Windows 7 see the WD Elements HDD?

weemacs 25 Aug 11

Yes it sees the hard drive

gengiscant 25 Aug 11

I am assuming that you have set up the backup for your new PC,it really does not matter what is already on the harddrive, as long as there is the necessary space for the new backup.

I have a drive that backs up three PC's so I would imagine you will need to look at your settings.

duncan_pereira 25 Aug 11
Answer

Gengiscant is right. Try backing up your information from the old PC and see if it works. If so, you may need to reconfigure your settings. Did the HDD come with software?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message