wcpm.eso

jrb1946 11:05 23 Jul 10

On logging into my account in windows XP sp3 I am getting an error message which says that it can't handle wcpm.eso
I have done an internet search which suggests it's malware and must be destroyed - by the website's software - so I have avoided that. Malwarebytes has not touched it.
I have searched PCadvisor forums and there is no reference to it.
I have seached the registry and found three entries which I modified by removing the value wcpm.eso which was present. On rebooting all the icons and the task bar had disappeared! So I had to re-install the back up of the registry I had (thankfully) made. Which put the icons (shortcuts) back and the task bar.

Does anyone know anything about wcpm.eso which would help me determine a suitable course of action for wcpm.eso?
John

Sea Urchin 11:36 23 Jul 10

This a comparatively recent Trojan - try downloading and running Trojan Remover - it has a 30 day trial period and is fully workable during that time. click here

You can download it from here:

click here

MAT ALAN 11:39 23 Jul 10

click here
click here

might help...

Sea Urchin 11:42 23 Jul 10

Your first link is shown with a red warning by WOT and is also blocked by Malwarebytes Pro.

MAT ALAN 14:27 23 Jul 10

first link opens fine for me and i'm at work and if itcan get through the restrictions we have in place i would not consider it to be a threat...

onthelimit 15:13 23 Jul 10

Ok for me.

tullie 19:57 23 Jul 10

WOT doesent like it here

johnnyrocker 20:00 23 Jul 10

ok here IE8 XPpro SP3

johnny

northumbria61 21:50 23 Jul 10

Mat Alan - Sea Urchin - A RED warning for me also on first link.

MAT ALAN 22:39 23 Jul 10

OH WELL what can i say..... ya win some, ya loose some....

I have just clicked the link and it takes me straight in, there are no adverse effects from this site and if my works PC can get to it i would consider it as safe as any other normal website.
It is a shame that the site does not really offer a lot of info but as the person who has the infection has not tried the site i don't suppose it matters much...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…