WCMDmgr Who is he?

Baslla321 10:44 12 Dec 03

Every time I log on (XP Home) Zone Alarm says this file wants to access the internet. Who is it? Anyone knows please?

leo49 10:46 12 Dec 03

It's a trojan virus click here

:-)

leo49 10:52 12 Dec 03

There's no need for alarm - it's not a virus merely Adware. To remove:

click here

Baslla321 11:46 12 Dec 03

OK I have taken it off. Many thanks for your help. regards

Baslla321 11:24 13 Dec 03

Just as an afterthought: AdAware always finds this(whatever it is!)Comet Cursor/Regkey/dataminer/Hkey-local-machine-soft.
I deleted it each time but after a little session on the internet, its back. Is this connected to Wildtangent? Should I have started a new thread maybe?

Thanks.

leo49 11:42 13 Dec 03

click here

See above - Comet cursors are a common curse.

Baslla321 12:49 13 Dec 03

Thanks! I do not have it on 'Add/Remove. I went to Find and got it on C:/Program files created 11/11/03 DM 296KB. I do not know how to delete it unless I follow the Comet instructions and redownloaded it, which I dont fancy. I have now blocked it with Zone Alarm. What do you think?

leo49 13:39 13 Dec 03

I would delete the Comet folder and then run regedit and find all references to Comet and delete them.

I've no idea how confident you feel to do that.

If you want to play doubly safe first set a manual restore point and then take a back up of the registry.

If you need precise instructions,come back.

Baslla321 16:25 14 Dec 03

I tried removing Comet with Spybot but no joy. It seems that SpywareBlaster did not stop it from installing in my PC and AdAware cant deleted it either. I am afraid to try via regedit as I have never done it before. Will have to accept it but I have immobilized it through Zonealarm. The suggestion to download Comet, in the hope that it will show on the Add/Remove and then delete it, will probably be my last effort. many thanks & Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…