WC3 Validate errors

andyc68 09:02 06 Jan 09

Hello,i have 7 errors trying to validate my website at click here but they all look ok to me,my website address is:
click here
Could anyone please tell me what i am doing wrong please,many thanks,Andy.

tims31 10:39 06 Jan 09

Hi andy

You would be better posting this in the webdesign helproom to get a bette responce.
I will take a look at your site and see what errors it has come up with. What have you set the HTML page as? HTML, XHTML, strict, transitional? These will all affect how the site validates.

tims31 10:55 06 Jan 09

Andy,

The Autocomplete setting is one that you can not get to validate. The only way around this one is to use java instead. Have a look click here

As for the others. They all seem to be just missing their closing or opening tags "< >". Have a look at you code in an HTML editor and note the line numbers in the validation page. Go to these lines and ensure that you have entered the tags for you code. This should then clear up these errors.

tims31 10:58 06 Jan 09

This is a good and easy to use free HTML editor.

click here

tims31 11:24 06 Jan 09

Andy,

On line on 741 and 742 there are two "div" tags that are open but have no closing tags "</div>". If you delete these then you should find that the code will validate except for the autocomplete.

andyc68 12:33 06 Jan 09

hi Tims31, thanks for your reply, i closed 741 and 742 with </div> and it got rid of all the errors like you said :-) but all the layout of the page footer went all funny?

tims31 16:04 06 Jan 09

Having had a look at the code again before you have changed it, where did you put the closing div tags? The tags on 741 and 742 have opening tags one with a "center" atribute and another with class and id in it. These either need to be closed after the footer div if that is what you are trying to acheive(line 807) or to delete these two completely and incorporate the class into the current footer class div on line 743. If you want to add the "center" atribute into the footer div you can do all that in the one div. You do not have to have three separate ones.

The div on line 742 has both class and id. you can only use one or the other.

The best option is to wrap the whole footer from line 741 to 806 into a div with the class of footer and then this can be used on every page if you want. You can then change the atributes for the footer div in the ccs code.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…