ways of stopping about:blank????

fire 16:43 14 Oct 05

i recently suffered an attack from this pest , is there any software that will prevent this from happening in the future , i already run zone alarm security .....many thanks

zarobian 16:54 14 Oct 05

Is this about Internet Explorer? If it is then launch Internet Explore, select Tools-->Internet Options. On the General Page you have three options:Use Current, Use Default and Use Blank. I think you have selected USE BLANK. Just in the Address box write your favourite web site address and click ok. Close the Internet explorer. Next time when you launch the Internet Explorer it will default to your favourite site.

VoG II 17:00 14 Oct 05

Removal click here

Probably a good idea to have Spywareblaster click here

FifeFlyer 18:54 14 Oct 05

From the same company that gives you spywareblaster
there's a programme called spywareguard. It's a small app that runs quietly in the background and will alert you should someone or something attempt to change your home page.

click here

VoG II 18:57 14 Oct 05

Oh, and StartPage Guard click here

Nellie2 01:10 15 Oct 05

Hi VoG.. that removal link you posted is for one particular variant (of which we don't see much of these days) and that fix is out of date anyway.

CWShredder, About Buster, Adaware and Ewido should more or less see off About:Blank. For the time being anyway. Personally I would still rather dig it out by hand.. just to make sure no 'bits' are left behind.

I would also recommend something like IESpyad, but you have to remember to update it about once a month click here

Nellie2 13:59 15 Oct 05

I've read and re-read my post... I didn't mean to sound bossy, it just sort of came out like that. :(

VoG II 14:00 15 Oct 05

No problem Boss ;o)

fire 14:08 15 Oct 05

thanks for all the info...........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…