Ways to earn money to get Hardware

futurekid 18:23 20 Aug 06

hi,

I have just gone onto linux ubuntu and i need a wireless pci card to get onto the internet so.

Because i do not have the money to get one i need to earn some.

Has anyone got any good ideas for inside and outside my house.

I did have one thought. I would like you opinions

Hand wash a car Inside 3 POUNDS
Outside 5 POUNDS.

does that seem reasonable.

I need to get 22 Pounds

Also whilst i right this

I have wanadoo wireless and talk and use the wireless adapter provided that is not workable on linux so. If i was to get a wireless card and enter my WEP Key will that automatically connect to the router and let me onto the internet.

Thanks

Ben.

silverous 19:21 20 Aug 06

Ben,

Glad to see someone these days prepared to work to earn some money to buy what they need rather than relying on handouts from parents or other funding.

I think that sounds reasonable for a hand car wash, just make sure you do a top job - you'll probably need to get some decent materials to get started though and these can be expensive especially chamois leather if you use one. I remember doing something similar when I was younger and I think we did a rubbish job but we had regular customers so something was working...I remember me and a friend made 20+ quid in one day which 20 or so years ago was pretty good going!

Good luck with it. I would imagine there's nothing stopping you using a standard wireless card with the wanadoo service but I don't have it so can't be sure.

ArrGee 19:33 20 Aug 06

You should have no problem with logging on with a new card, just check with manufacturers first for Linux adaptability.

Does the car-wash include waxing?

futurekid 21:49 20 Aug 06

the card i will be using is belkin that is plug and play according to a linux hardware shop on the net.

No i dont think waxing is included, i will only be doing it for family just a wash scrub rinse and then polish inside i thinks thats all for the moment anyway,

mammak 21:55 20 Aug 06

got a ton of ironing to get through give you a tenner I live in Scotland so maybe the fares might not be feasible eh! but good on you for trying mate.

Cymro. 14:46 21 Aug 06

Have you thought of going to a car boot sale. Most of us have something or other about the house that we can get rid of and so make a few quid.

silverous 17:21 21 Aug 06

Or Ebay? Got anything you can flog on ebay.

rawprawn 17:27 21 Aug 06

Don't know where you live, but older people round here are always looking for someone to do a bit of gardening. Nothing special just tidying up and mowing the lawns. Put an advert in you local newsagent, if I did that in my village I would be inundated with work. Try £7.50 to £10 per hour.
I too am pleased to see somebody prepared to work.
Good luck!

Brian2001 17:30 21 Aug 06

Hoovering
Ironing
Clean the bathroom
Wash the dishes
Tidy your room
Take dog for a walk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5