Waves maxxaudio3

frybluff 20:41 PM 28 Mar 12

Is anyone familiar with this audio setup software? I recently bought a Dell XPS, which came with this software. When I was setting up my laptop, I "checked it out", briefly, and resolved to set it up properly, when I had more time.

I then had some problems with my sound, and got Dell to check it out, and got my sound back. After that, however, Waves was no longer there.

I queried this with Dell, and was told my laptop was not compatible with Waves, as it was a "Vista" program (I have Win 7). The guy even tried re-installing it, but it wouldn't instal properly, and caused me to lose sound again. He removed it, and I got my sound back. He said it must have, originally, been installed, by MISTAKE.

I might believe that, if it was some software I had found, "in the background", but not only is it detailed in the User Manual, I even have a QUICK LAUNCH KEY, on my laptop, labelled WAVES MAXXAUDIO3.

Is this VISTA only, or is it just that the Dell guy has not found the Windows 7 (64) version? Some advice would be appreciated, as I don't know where to go from here, other than complain to Dell.

markd71 21:39 PM 28 Mar 12
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things