Wave balance

giggsy 21:59 09 May 04

Evening people. How do I change my sounds settings so that my 'wave' sounds and cd sounds don't run together. It's annoying when I'm playing a cd and a message from my pc, or something on the internet makes a noise and interrupts my enjoyment of playback. How do I make sure that 'wave' and other audio don't clash?
Hope that makes sense!

DJ-Garry 22:12 09 May 04

Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Volume Control. Click the mute box for Wave and then all sounds generated via the wave system will not intefere with the CD player.

giggsy 22:17 09 May 04

Sorry, should have mentioned that I'm using win 98SE. I have tried that, but when I mute the wave volume, the cd I'm playing also mutes.

stalion 22:35 09 May 04

do not really understand your question you have to have wave volume on or you will get no sound.Have you got a mic connected picking up sound and causing feedback?.

giggsy 22:42 09 May 04

No, sorry. I seem to remember reading somewhere that you could keep the two separate so that playing back of cd's would not be interrupted by other noises from your pc. My memory is pretty bad, but it does ring a few bells. Why does nothing happen when I play a cd and then mute the cs volume in audio properties? Surely it should go quiet?

cycoze 22:54 09 May 04

My Computer>Control Panel>Sounds in the sounds properties box at the bottom you will see `schemes` click on the dropdown arrow , now you should see `no sounds` listed , select it and click on apply , you should be asked to save your settings that your removing , name them with something thats easy to remember .

cycoze 22:56 09 May 04

And when you want your sounds back , select them the same way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…