wav to mp3 converter - Which one?

Diemmess 09:05 09 Dec 04

I have a distant friend who uses, but doesn't "understand the niceties" of PCs.

He asked about copying favourite CDs onto his young daughter's possible Christmas present of an MP3 player.

There's a bewildering choice of converters out there. Can anyone recommend a download which is simple, fuss free, not too many things to set up and hopefully free?

uncleherman 09:25 09 Dec 04

I'ved used this for years with no problems
click here

kentylad 09:31 09 Dec 04

Converts from MP3-Wave and Vice-Versa. Can either download it as shareware for temporary use, of buy the product for $19.99 (to my knowledge)

Best product i've used

Nick

ACOLYTE 09:50 09 Dec 04

click here Will do the trick select the file click convert and your done.

Diemmess 09:56 09 Dec 04

The selection is really useful, I'll close this before the list itself becomes confusing.

D

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:57 09 Dec 04

A friend who uses, but doesn't "understand the niceties" of PCs.

Got one of those too, struggling with media player so we downloaded Musicmatch jukeboxclick here .

He found it so easy to rip, burn, transfer files that in less than a fortnight he has filled his harddrive 20G.

Nullgrad 10:04 09 Dec 04

I'd go along with that Musicmatch is very good and you can encode to MP3pro as well which produces an even smaller size file.

Diodorus Siculus 10:13 09 Dec 04

Another vote for dBPoweramp - intuitive but unobtrusive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…