wav to mp3 converter - Which one?

Diemmess 09:05 09 Dec 04

I have a distant friend who uses, but doesn't "understand the niceties" of PCs.

He asked about copying favourite CDs onto his young daughter's possible Christmas present of an MP3 player.

There's a bewildering choice of converters out there. Can anyone recommend a download which is simple, fuss free, not too many things to set up and hopefully free?

uncleherman 09:25 09 Dec 04

I'ved used this for years with no problems
click here

kentylad 09:31 09 Dec 04

Converts from MP3-Wave and Vice-Versa. Can either download it as shareware for temporary use, of buy the product for $19.99 (to my knowledge)

Best product i've used

Nick

ACOLYTE 09:50 09 Dec 04

click here Will do the trick select the file click convert and your done.

Diemmess 09:56 09 Dec 04

The selection is really useful, I'll close this before the list itself becomes confusing.

D

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:57 09 Dec 04

A friend who uses, but doesn't "understand the niceties" of PCs.

Got one of those too, struggling with media player so we downloaded Musicmatch jukeboxclick here .

He found it so easy to rip, burn, transfer files that in less than a fortnight he has filled his harddrive 20G.

Nullgrad 10:04 09 Dec 04

I'd go along with that Musicmatch is very good and you can encode to MP3pro as well which produces an even smaller size file.

Diodorus Siculus 10:13 09 Dec 04

Another vote for dBPoweramp - intuitive but unobtrusive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…