wav to mp3 converter!

Flak999 15:46 17 Sep 06

Hi, can anyone recommend a good free wav to mp3 converter? I have searched on google for one but they all seem to be time limited trials or ones you have to buy.

Thanks in advance.

beeuuem 15:56 17 Sep 06

Try click here which is totally free.

Quiet Life 16:00 17 Sep 06

Hi Although Goldwave is shareware it is limited by the number of times you carry out operations and not by time. I have been using it for ages and have still a long way to go as shown by a counter.
A very good sound converting program. When I installed it again on a new computer the counter started at 0.

LABMAN 16:01 17 Sep 06

Try this one click here they do a free version I havent had a chance to try it as yet but it's worth a look.

Quiet Life 16:06 17 Sep 06

River Past free as indicated by beeeuuem has a file limitation of 2 minutes.

beeuuem 16:27 17 Sep 06

Although I am open to correction I have used River Past to convert 30 minute WAV files to MP3 and have not noticed any time limitation.

GaT7 16:30 17 Sep 06

I use the unlimited & free Audacity click here. Don't forget to add the free Lame MP3 encoder click here. G

pj123 16:41 17 Sep 06

I have been using a program called WisMP3 for quite a few years now. I got it free from a cover disc.

Just done a Google to see if it is still around.

click here

Although it says it is Freeware I don't get anywhere when I try to download it.

It also says it is for Win95/98 and NT but I am still using it now on Win XP with no problems.

I still have the original install file. If you get no further with a download I can email you the file if you want it.

Quiet Life 16:51 17 Sep 06

Hi This is from the River Past site. It could be they have introduced a limitaion on new downloads.

River Past Audio Converter
Free Trial

River Past Audio Converter uses the same installer for the free trial and registered users.

As the free trial, it limits the conversion to 2 minutes per file.

Upon purchase, you will receive a passcode which will remove the limitation. No re-installation is needed.

Please check the system requirements to ensure you have all the system components required. Additional downloads may be required.

beeuuem 17:51 17 Sep 06

I think we are talking at cross purposes, my link was to "River Past [email protected]". This has limited abilities as it only converts from/to WAV and MP3 formats. The Audio Converter presumably has a greater capabilty for converting other file formats.

Quiet Life 19:40 17 Sep 06

beeuuem
Yes you are right. A pity it is not possible to vary the quality. I convert MP3s to WAV and reduce to lowest quality in Voice Recorder for adding as sound to e-mails. Handy program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac