WAV clip problem

Dk2 02:09 18 Apr 03

Hi,

My operating system is Windows 98 Second Edition. I'm having trouble with the WAV clips that came pre-installed on my system - in folder Windows/Media - which are used to give sounds to all the windows functions like Windows startup, mail received etc. I'm not getting any sound from any of them. (In fact, for the most part, my PC is now strangely quiet most of the time).The Midi files are fine (opening in Windows Media Player when double-clicked). But the WAV clip files (opening in Realplayer when double-clicked), whilst appearing to play, give out no sound at all. Any ideas? I've tried the troubleshooters. I don't know what caused this to happen - but feel it may be connected with attempts to 'associate' a downloaded video clip with one or other of the players. Should these WAV clip files be associated with Realplayer as they now are? (Don't remember seeing it before).

MAJ 08:14 18 Apr 03

Re-associate the WAV files with MPLAYER2, Dk2. Hopefully that will sort it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…