Waterproofing prints

Gary Wood 00:10 26 Jan 05

I'm making some booklets which have coloured covers. The inner pages are black and white and so can be laser printed, but I'm having to inkjet the covers since they're coloured.

The trouble is that inkjet isn't waterproof and so with handling, the cover is prone to smudging. Can anyone suggest a way round this? I tried laminating but this then created problems when folding the booklet (I'd need to single side laminate for this to work, which wasn't possible with my machine). Otherwise I'm wondering about fixing sprays, but I'm not sure how effective these are.

All ideas appreciated!

Giggle n' Bits 00:15 26 Jan 05

Inkjet Waterproof and also theres a type of think something called Lazertan, will have do look for this on google and will try and call back later.

Giggle n' Bits 00:21 26 Jan 05

Got to the following website. This company are reliable also, I use them often.

click here

Gary Wood 00:28 26 Jan 05

...but doesn't waterproof here refer to the paper itself? Would the actual print on the paper be waterproof?

Belatucadrus 00:34 26 Jan 05

click here worth a try, I'm currently testing the satin one to see what it does to improve light fastness, so I'm not too sure on its physical protective qualities, though it does claim "Once applied it makes inks resistant to water and smudging".

pubsinger 01:38 26 Jan 05

You could try the transparent self-adhesive film which is sold in WH Smiths for the purpose of protecting books etc..

griffon 56 01:38 26 Jan 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…