Watermark Query

carper 14:54 09 Mar 11

My computer is around 7years old and part of the original programming was for Works word. I haven't used it for may years using office 2000 instead.
I now wish to use an old function which was available. That function wad to superimpose a watermark on top of a document such as confidential, duplicate, file etc. from a set of included files or even write your own. I have recently tried use a watermark but the only ones available are from My Pictures file.
I would appreciate any help on this. I know I could type it and then scan the image to use but I would prefer to get back to the original. Regards Carper

BT 16:55 09 Mar 11

In Works Word processor only Picture watermarks are available
In MS Word you can use pictures or text as above

carper 11:12 10 Mar 11

Thanks for your replies, but sorry, neither of them seems to work. The version of office I am using is 2000, and when I click on Background, all I get is a colour and pattern option but no text.
Thanks again Carper

Nontek 11:25 10 Mar 11
  Nontek 11:29 10 Mar 11

Further to above ...

click here

Sea Urchin 12:36 10 Mar 11

The Format/Background menu in Word 2000 doesn't contain Watermarks - this shows you three methods of achieving what you want

click here

Nontek 12:55 10 Mar 11

Hmm yes, my screenshots are from Word 2002 ...

carper 09:51 16 Mar 11

Hi sorry for the delay in responding but I have now found that my easiest way of doing it is to type my watermarks, scan them and put them on Picasso.
With that I can alter size,rotate and alter density as required. Thanks for your interest Regards Carper.

AroundAgain 20:37 16 Mar 11

Another, easy, way to use is to go into 'headers/footers' and create what you want across your page. You are not limited to the 'normal' header space. Take up what space you need

It will print in a 'grey-ish' shade. It might do just what you need. I'm sure I've done that in the past

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…