Watermark after downloading Vista SP2

ian-inhome 18:33 05 Mar 09

Today I downloaded from the Microsoft site the Vista SP2 update. I now have a "watermark" Windows Vista (TM) evaluation copy Build 6002 printed in the bottom corner just above the clock.
This is a genuine copy of Vista that I updated (it came preloaded on the laptop)
If you Google there are quite a few fixes for this but I get the impression that many might be for use on non genuine copies.
Any ideas how to remove it legitimately please.

Sea Urchin 18:48 05 Mar 09

This is to remove the watermark from SP1 but it will also work for SP2

click here

ian-inhome 18:58 05 Mar 09

I downloaded the update because I read on the PCA news page today that the SP 2 was now available for public download.
Now after searching the Microsoft site I find the following
“Windows Server 2008 SP2/Windows Vista SP2 Beta is time-limited software that will operate until May 1st, 2010
- Un-install Windows Server 2008 SP2/Windows Vista SP2 Beta before May 1st, 2010
- After SP2 installation your desktop may display the text "Evaluation Copy".
- This does not mean that your system is no longer "Genuine", only that you have installed a test version of software which is time-limited”

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…