watching video clips in IE

ole1999 07:57 05 Nov 06

Hi everyone

I have recently upgraded to IE 7 and whenever i try to play any video clips ( youtude etc )i keep getting

'Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player.'

I have already tried the flash player which is installed, i am not sure about the 'JavaScript' options i should have ticked etc.

This was also the same with IE 6 so i don't think it can be an IE 7 issue, when i go back to firefox everything is fine.

I am running XP

Any help would be appreciated

SLAYER 08:22 05 Nov 06

This will be of little help, but I have a similar problem in IE6. I found that uninstalling and reinstalling Flash player sorted it out.I think one of my cleaner programs is removing a vital bit of flash player and one day I'll work out which.

heepster 08:26 05 Nov 06

Yes this a known problem . I rolled back to IE6 to sort it. If you have Google toolbar installed that can cause this problem as well.

ole1999 08:44 05 Nov 06

Thank you guys, i uninstalled flash player and then installed again, seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for your help much appreciated

Technotiger 09:11 05 Nov 06

Hi, this has happened to me on several occassions, and I expect it will continue to happen - however, I still have the download on my pc, so I just re-install it from that download, it then gives me the option to 'repair' or uninstall, I just click Repair and it is done instantly - then no further problem ... till next time. So I don't consider it a problem anyway.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos