Watching Sport on the PC

ponytail 14 Jun 13

Not sure if it is correct but was talking to a workmate and he was going to watch the Rugby on his PC using a program I think was called first sport but have never heard of it he says he watches all kinds of sport but I have my doubts.Have any of you heard of this and if so what is the website.

Mr Mistoffelees 14 Jun 13

Your workmate may be referring to First Row Sport. It appears to require the download of an app. I have not tried it, so have no idea how well it may work, or if any fees may be charged.

ponytail 14 Jun 13

Hi Mr Mistoffolees I clicked on the link you suggested and it did want me to download a app but when I tried to do so it was blocked by Bullguard which I use as being a malicious site

ponytail 14 Jun 13

Hi Mr Mistoffolees I clicked on the link you suggested and it did want me to download a app but when I tried to do so it was blocked by Bullguard which I use as being a malicious site

ponytail 14 Jun 13

There are any number of sports streaming sites out there, most of which require you to download an app. Many of them charge, and some are borderline illegal. Quality can be very variable and, often, promised transmissions don't happen. That said, I know a lot of people use these sites to see games that aren't being broadcast on UK TV, or are being broadcast by a subscription service such as Sky.

Woolwell 14 Jun 13

If my memory serves me correctly there was a thread about the First sports app and problems that it created. I'm trying to find the thread.

Woolwell 14 Jun 13

Found it. The app adds extensions to the browser.

john bunyan 14 Jun 13

I often watch TV on a PC with Windows Media Centre (now have W7 ultimate (works with home premium too) but it worked in XP if you had the WMC version). You need a tuner (about £30) and, ideally, a house aerial connection, but it works with a tiny aerial in strong signal areas.

john bunyan 14 Jun 13

PS Freeview only.

Aitchbee 14 Jun 13

I don't 'watch' any sports action on my PCs, but I do like to 'listen' [in the comfort of my home] into the live horse-racing commentaries available on a big bookies' website, when I do occasionally have a flutter.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message