watching movies from laptop on the TV

markwedge 13:54 27 May 07

How do i connect my Acer 5003 laptop to the Telly so i can watch the films ive downloaded on the TV?
The laptop doesnt have an S-video slot only USBs and a VGA slot.
Please help as it would be excellent to be able to watch movies on my mahoosive widescreen telly

johnnyrocker 14:03 27 May 07

i suspect you will need a graphics card with tv out for a kick off with audio being drawn from elsewhere.

johnny.

tullie 14:04 27 May 07

Put them on dvd

i tryed this about a year ago...and i gave up...i brought £40 worth of eqipment and still could figure it out. my advise is to get rid of your mahoosive widescreen and get a even bigger mahoosive projecter. so much easier as you just use a moniter cable, only thing is you will have to use ur laptop speakers..luckily i have surround for my laptop and all is gravey lol

Gongoozler 14:38 27 May 07

Many flat panel TVs have a VGA connector for this purpose, otherwise it's as johnnyrocker says, your graphics card needs a tv out connector, more common with desktops than laptops.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…