watching freeveiw on PC

nighthawk7 13:20 06 Jan 05

if i bought a freeveiw box and conected it to my TV card would it work. Dont want to waste 60.00 on a box and then find out it wont work

My tv card is a haupage or however its spelt lol.

many thanks

xania 13:46 06 Jan 05

You will need to connect your TV aerial to the freeview box, but otherwise there is no reason why it should not work as well on the PC as it works on the TV. However, if it does not work on the TV, your aerial may not be up to the task in the frist place.

Magik ®© 14:34 06 Jan 05

these people do a pcmcia card with it all built in, it works great, cost about £70..

click here

Stuartli 14:46 06 Jan 05

I bought a TwinHan VisionPlusDTV ter Freeview PCI card from click here for just over £50 including delivery.

It is also HDTV compatible and brings in all 74 of the current Freeview TV and radio transmissions from the Winter Hill transmitter; signals are from a 60ft coaxial lead feed under the floorboards off the main TV aerial input.

Picture and sound are superb. However, if you do get one, best to get the latest driver (2.43) from the VisionPlus website at visionplus.com.tw/

There's also an external version known as the Magic Box.

Stuartli 14:48 06 Jan 05

It's Hauppauge by the way and the TwinHan's driver is, apparently, the same as Hauppauge's similar, but more expensive digital terrestial TV card.

xania 12:59 07 Jan 05

Magic

Looks interesting, but you still need a good aerial feed.

Stuartli 14:29 07 Jan 05

Providing your aerial input is from a wideband aerial and Freeview is available in your area, there should be no problems with signal reception.

Sometimes a wideband aerial is tagged "digital" but, in the end, the result is the same.

You can buy one for about a tenner and install it yourself or, as in my case, have one erected for about £55-£60.

I know some people amazingly pay far more than this for an aerial erection service, but the firm that does such work for me is the tops in its field in the town and surrounding areas.

Stuartli 14:33 07 Jan 05

My rooftop aerial is servicing two TVs and my PCI TwinHan TV card via a modest (i.e. cheap) aerial amplifier (itself about 20-25 years old).

Stuartli 14:37 07 Jan 05

The TwinHan's main control panel has signal quality and signal strength meters - signal quality is almost invariably 98 per cent and signal strength from 60 per cent plus to around 80 per cent plus depending on whether it's a TV or radio channel.

As I've already stated, the quality of the display and sound is first class.

skaria 14:40 07 Jan 05

i think it would be best if you conatct hauppage direct.Maybe this info would help:
Hauppauge UK
Hauppauge Digital
6 - 10 Borough High Street
Bank Chambers
London
SE1 9QQ

Sales:
Tel: +44 (0) 207 378 1997
Fax: +44 (0) 207 357 9171
[email protected]

Tech Support:
Tel: +44 (0) 207 378 0202
[email protected]
Click here to visit our support page

Webmaster:
Tel: +44 (0) 207 378 0202
[email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…