Watching Facebook videos

Nonny 08 May 11

I used to be able to watch Facebook and BBC news videos but for the last month or so i have not been able to do so. if I click on a video I get a black screen and a spinning disc. It then closes before trying once more before closing the webpage completly.I then get the message "A problem with this webpage caused IE to close and reopen this tab." I am using IE8 with XP and SP3. I have uninstalled IE8, Flash player and reinstalled both again. Java is up to date. Scripting is enabled in the security tab.

Strawballs 08 May 11

To totally rule out a problem with IE try downloading another browser and try it, I use Google Chrome

Nonny 09 May 11

Hi Strawballs

Thanks for your reply. Yep I tried Google Chrome but it comes up the message  that there is a problem with Shockwave Player. Again it has been reloaded. I get the same problem trying to watch BBC news clips.
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message