Watching dvds through frosted glass.

Pooke 02:27 27 Jul 05

That's exactly what it's like to watch dvds on my computer. It's XPsp2 with Powerdvd 5.0, Nero reloaded, vlc player, quicktime, realplayer, windows media player 10, ratdvd and winavi installed, could one of these done it? Just now I installed K-Lite Codec Pack to see if that heped, it didn't.

Thanks for shedding any light on the subject.

:p

Pooke

howard60 08:48 27 Jul 05

I would suggest you visit the site of your card maker and download the latest drivers.

Pooke 09:50 27 Jul 05

done that.

Pooke 09:52 27 Jul 05

This PCA site has many issues!

To elaborate, I have the updated nvidia drivers, I tried uninstalling them and re-installing. It hd no effect at all.

Thankyou

Snec 09:55 27 Jul 05

"This PCA site has many issues!"

Don't get that. Is this to do with your thread?

Pooke 10:24 27 Jul 05

took me 4 tries to get into my thread through the helproom as I couldn't get into "my postings". Tried replying and I ended up with a half a sentence being posted.

The site has glitches at the moment and the FE and company are working on it and I appreciate that fact. But it is frustrating.

Pooke

Snec 11:30 27 Jul 05

Oh I see, yes I'm getting problems like that sometimes. My Postings I just can't get into at all quite often, whichever way I try.

Pooke 11:38 27 Jul 05

Can someone help with my problematic dvd/video playback?

It looks all frosty and white.

Pooke

howard60 11:01 30 Jul 05

I assume the normal display is ok just the dvd playback that is naff? If so I would uninstall all progs for dvd playback and try a new install of just 1 prog. If the effect is still there go to the makers site for that prog and look at their faqs. They might have issues with certain video cards and have a patch for it or even a set of settings for you to try.

Pooke 00:26 31 Jul 05

Uninstalled all but windows media player and quicktime, had no effect at all. Roll backed the nvidia drivers to ones dated 2004 that came with card on CD, problem solved.

Off to put my proggies back on, well Real player and win avi and k lite codec pack.

Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…