Watchdog ISP survey results

Graham. 20:35 21 Mar 07
  Stuartli 20:37 21 Mar 07

Been looking at this page as my PCI TV card started getting the infamous signal problems..

Not surprised at Tiscali and TalkTalk overall as I've experience with both.

However my TT service has proved first class in all respects since around last August and I got a speed increase to "up to 8MB" just over a week ago without fanfare (the letter due to tell me about it has still to arrive).

pj123 20:38 21 Mar 07

I just finished watching it on TV.

How did they update that so fast?

Jackcoms 20:43 21 Mar 07

I just watched it as well.

What did they say?

18 million BB users in the country and 50,000 voted.

Based on those figures, I think we can safely ignore these 'results'.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:12 21 Mar 07

Couldn't help noticing that Tiscali was 4th worst.....errrrrrmmmm and 4th best. I fear that I may be missing the obvious here. /me chucks results in the bin and goes to make a cup of tea.

G

2neat 21:18 21 Mar 07

load of tosh these results! Not watched the prog yet, recorded on my Sky+ that 'everyone' is finding faulty!

Stuartli 21:21 21 Mar 07

It's a pound to a penny that only the majority of those who are unhappy bothered to vote no matter who their ISP.

Graham. 09:05 22 Mar 07

It doesn't work like that. A large number voted from a small choice. The total involved is irrelevant.

terryf 09:18 22 Mar 07

These surveys never seem to include the 'small but bootiful' ISPs like zen, eclipse, etc

Jackcoms 19:15 22 Mar 07

"It doesn't work like that."

Sorry, I'm not with you.

It doesn't "work" like what?

You can't get away from the fact that only 50,000 people bothered to vote (including me, by the way).

Graham. 19:42 22 Mar 07

The clue is in the word 'survey'. Like the PCA 'polls', it is not necessary for everyone concerned to vote, just a large enough number choosing from a list will give a sufficiently accurate result.

Another name for it is Market Research. Are you saying all Market Research can be discounted because not every one was asked?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…