Watch TV on Medion PC

emmybee 19:23 01 Sep 08

How can I watch TV on my Medion MD8000 PC? It has a tuner card, but the installed Power Cinema doesn't work.

Graham. 19:51 01 Sep 08
  emmybee 23:24 01 Sep 08

Graham - your "click here" doesn't go anywhere!

Graham. 23:41 01 Sep 08

Yes it does. Have a look at your Taskbar, it may be lurking there.

gobuddygo 23:41 01 Sep 08

have you got rooftop aerial connected.Also does the tuner card show up in power cinema settings.what happens when you scan for channels.

Graham. 23:41 01 Sep 08

Or right click, Open in new tab.

Newuser38 08:26 02 Sep 08

I have the same model which is now quite old. I had to get in touch with Medion who pointed me to a Power Cinema driver update,afraid the details are long gone.

Have you tried the Medion site they do give updates new drivers etc.

You dont necessarily need a roof top aerial,I use a portable one but have to move it to pick up the analogue channels, it cannot do digital.

medion site is click here you will need the pc's serial number to check on available updates.

Newuser38 08:38 02 Sep 08

Just checked the Medion site a patch for Power Cinema version 1 was issued in Nov 2003 and a driver update for the TV tuner at about the same time.

emmybee 11:53 02 Sep 08

Sorry, Graham: it had come up on an invisible tab! The problem appears to be the tuner card. Power Cinema loads up OK but when I try to search for channels I can't select "antenna".

Newuser38 12:11 07 Sep 08

You have probably cracked the problem by now, but just in case I have just been reminded that I re-installed Power Cinema after having the same problem that you identify.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…