wat tha? one irritating message keeps appearing...

Please [insert name here] 19:11 08 Jun 03

A while ago, i found an old pc of mine and decided to put it to use again, but when i turned it on, i realised why i had put it away in the back of my room in the first place. A while ago i did something (cant remember what) the caused a certain problem to accour.

When i turn the pc on, it will run in safe mode but when i try and run it in normal, after the 'loading windows 95' screen appears, the screen goes blank and it shows a message that says something like-

error with AUX (or something like that), and underneath:
abort, retry, ignore

but when i press r for retry it just says something like unable to load or something, the same happens with i for ignore so i have to select abort which just shuts the pc down.

can somebody PLEASE help me?

LastChip 20:20 08 Jun 03

is you re-start the PC, and write down exactly what error messages you are getting, otherwise, it would be quicker to look for the proverbial needle in a haystack!

The other option would be a re-install of the operating system.

thefoolmonte 00:29 09 Jun 03

This microsoft advert box thing keeps on coming up now right over the interesting parts of the forum before I get the chance to read them. Have tried clicking on the close icon but to no avail and I just can't get rid of the blooming thing.

I realise that this is a free website and has to be paid for by adverts but this one is driving me crazy as I can't get rid of it to read the forum.

Help please Mr Forum Editor.

thefoolmonte 00:33 09 Jun 03

sorry my mistake - meant to post that on a new thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…