Was PCA down earlier?

Bodi 09:42 21 Aug 03

I tried always to get on this site earlier, only to be met with an "Internal error, .... is unable to grant your request" or something similar.

Was it just my ISP?

Jester2K II 09:43 21 Aug 03

Looks like it apart from a posting or two the last post was before midnight last night.

Sever maintainance ??

For a minute there i thought i'd be forum-less for a day...

Brian-336451 09:47 21 Aug 03

I couldn't sleep after a car alarm about 4.00 am, couldn't log on to the site, but ho hum - here we are again! :)

snoresloudly 09:51 21 Aug 03

up until about an hour ago i was getting "server error" thought it just me as have loads of trouble logging onto sites since last evening. In fact the whole internet seemed very slow and "buggy".

Bodi 09:54 21 Aug 03

'cos I managed to get onto other sites and thought maybe I had been banned or something! <grin>

The server was down - an error with the software meant that the site was not available over night.

The PCA website runs Macromedia Coldfusion MX. Macromedia have just released the first update for Coldfusion MX (6.1). I have been testing this on another server which appears to work very well - so far it I have found it very stable.

We may upgrade the software early tomorrow morning to avoid this happening again, but it will mean some downtime while this is happening.

PC Advisor

Jester2K II 09:55 21 Aug 03

Perhaps someone rebooted the internet...

billyliv 10:27 21 Aug 03

Hi, Thats a relief, I thought it was something I had done!!. Cheers, Bill

Peverelli 14:34 21 Aug 03

Not between 8 & 9 a.m. please, that's my winding down session before going to bed after night shift. :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…