Was this just an glitch

Coffee Adict 07:56 10 Feb 08

Just brought laptop out of hibernation, and after everything came back a small message box came up saying "There is a conflict with another IP address on the network" now I think I understand what was meant, except I'm not on a network, i.e one laptop and one modem that is not wireless. I know my IP address is dynamic, but at the time the message came up I hadn't gone on line.

Gongoozler 10:10 10 Feb 08

This is probably just a glitch - it often happens with Windows, but try this. Start - Run. Type in the word command to open a Command Prompt window. Type into this window ipconfig /all (note the space between ipconfig and /all). You will then get a full ip configuration listing.

Coffee Adict 12:40 10 Feb 08

Thanks for that, everything seems ok, and common sense told me nothing should have been interferring, but I had not had that message before. The Lappy is wireless enabled but you have to physical flip a switch before it comes on, put it down to a paranoid moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…