Was this error likely to be the result of a printer that isnt 100% compatible with vista?

theDarkness 20:04 PM 23 Oct 11

Was this error likely to be the result of a printer that isnt 100% compatible with vista? click here

The HP1350 printer printed out a page fine on its first attempt, but on the second page print attempt the printer hung. The page was listed as to be the next in the print queue, but nothing happened. I couldnt remove it from the queue. Turning the printer on and off and logging in and out made no difference, and then I got the above message. After restarting the laptop, it is working 100% again. No messages anymore after multiple print outs. Is the COMCTL32.dll in my message likely to be related to printer usage? Vista installs its own printer drivers, which recognised the printer when it was first plugged in via usb, although I know there are updated drivers on the HP site also. Im just not sure if the message is one to ignore, or if it may cause issues again in future? thanks

northumbria61 11:30 AM 24 Oct 11

There are several different reasons and not necessarily your printer - enter link description here

northumbria61 11:32 AM 24 Oct 11

Note - The comctl32.dll error message could apply to any program or system that might utilize the file on any of Microsoft's operating systems including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.

theDarkness 01:08 AM 04 Nov 11

its started again.. but this time the message is appearing when I right click on the avira icon on the bottom right of the screen to "auto update"?.. COMCTL32.dll "contains an error" yet if I restart the system I can easily get it working/updating once again. A random guess-could it be a conflict perhaps, with UAC or another program? Heres the pop up message :- http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7817/unledih.jpg

northumbria61 11:51 AM 04 Nov 11

Looking at your "pop-up" message (AVCentre.exe-Bad Image) it appears that the fault is with Avira. I don't use this but would suggest an uninstall/reinstall.

northumbria61 11:52 AM 04 Nov 11

You don't have any other Anti Virus installed/running by any chance?

northumbria61 11:59 AM 04 Nov 11

You could try registering the DLL manually following these instructions enter link description here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11