Warning worse to come!

rickf 16:46 16 Mar 05

First phishing and now something called pharming which apparently clones the url frpm dns servers and when you type in the url of the site you want to get to, it redirects your private info to these buggers/criminals etc. can't find a suitable description that is sufficient to demean them. Any way, just read this this in Cnet. What do we have to do to protect ourselves? I guess its up to the ISPs and site Hosts now.

CurlyWhirly 11:12 18 Mar 05

I wonder whether Microsoft's new version of Internet Explorer 7 will offer some protection against this, when it's finally released?

€dstowe 11:18 18 Mar 05

From information I've seen, Internet Explorer 7 looks like it's borrowed the "good" bits of Firefox and other browsers and inserted them into the old IE. There doesn't appear to be anything truly innovative about it

Storik 11:23 18 Mar 05

an unsafe place to play!

However, excuse the black humour, but phishing and pharming? No wonder the Countryside Alliance aint doing so well!

Storik

Magik ®© 11:34 18 Mar 05

wonder why they went for the Japanese bank instead of my bank account in the high street.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…