WARNING - Uni Air phishing scam

Dragon_Heart 00:00 20 Nov 06

Apparently I have won a lump sum payout of $1,003,198.50 in Uni Air's annual end of year lottery program.

All I have to do to collect my winnings is supply the following :-

" Write in full, your telephone number, postal and residential adress.

Scanned copy of your recent passport photograph.

Scanned copy of the main information page of your national passport or I.d card or driving licence.

Acceptance fee: $1,325. This fee should be payed through western union money transfer adressed to the second secretary of UniAiR. "

I assume the $1,325 is so the sender can take their spelling to 'Janet & John' level !

daba 00:42 20 Nov 06

and of course you're gonna help these guys by sending them your bank account details as well so they can pay in your winnings -NOT, roflol

g0slp 06:45 20 Nov 06

From this morning's news click here

Why oh why does greed & avarice still tempt folk to believe that these 'wins' are real?

The stupidity of some never fails to amaze me...

Andsome 08:25 20 Nov 06

Can I have some of the proceeds please?

Dragon_Heart 20:31 21 Nov 06

NO PROBLEM ! ......... just send me :-
Your full number, postal and residential address.

A recent passport photograph.

A scanned copy of the main information page of your national passport or I.d card or driving licence.

Your acceptance fee: £1,325. This fee should be made via your bank so please forward all you bank details and security passwords plus your PIN number.

Your car and house keys etc. etc.

Thanks ?

g0slp asked " Why oh why does greed & avarice still tempt folk to believe that these 'wins' are real ? "

.... makes the Readers Digest lottery look tame !

Andsome 08:54 22 Nov 06

Why oh why does greed & avarice still tempt folk to believe that these 'wins' are real ?

Because they are as thick as two short planks as well as naive and greedy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…