WARNING! On Speed!

B2K 14:52 17 Jan 04

I would advise anybody who is thinking of trying out the new product on speed to speed up there dial up internet to take extreme caution. Myself and three friends have tried it and had lots of problems so we uninstalled it and removed it fully from our systems... Now all three of us are having non stop errors and problems with our PCs. Bit dodgy if you ask me!

davolente 15:05 17 Jan 04

I tried it on my ancient PB Pulsar 16 PC and I had no major problems. Apart from some re-adjustment required with my "Benign" e-mail checker programme on the listening port, it was fine. I am on a DACS (Digital access carrier system) - a hideous device used by BT to digitally share my and my neighbour`s phone lines down one pair of wires, which normally cocks-up data rate on a dial-up connection (broadband is coming to our tiny exchange in April - hooray!), and OnSpeed even improved that.

A Cat Called George 15:31 17 Jan 04

Can please post a link for "on speed" so we can see what you are talking about before trying to help.

Valvegrid 16:02 17 Jan 04

I think this might be what they are using:

click here

roy 16:11 17 Jan 04

This surely: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…