Warning: SPD Not Found At DIMM(s) 1 2 3 4

Flopper 15:28 15 Feb 06

Does anybody know what this means?
The message appears when booting up.
The Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-BX2000 Rev 1.1 with a Pentium 3 650 processor with 4 x 32mb sticks of PC66 memory. It is an old PC but I am using it simply as a test rig to test old printer(s) and supposedly faulty hardware on an older OS.
I notice that during boot up the memory is recognised as being there but there is no visible memory test as such.

ed-0 15:35 15 Feb 06

It is saying that the memory chips are not communicating with the bios. Modern memory have SPD ( serial presence detect )chips onboard that tell the bios what speed to run at.

It just means that the memory will probably just be running at the basic default setting of the motherboard. i.e. 66mhz, 75Mhz, 100mhz or 133Mhz. What ever is the lowest.

You should find a setting in the bios to alter the setting from SPD to the rams true speed. This would stop the message from appearing.

Flopper 18:21 15 Feb 06

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…