What does this mean? Have I been hacked? Thanks guys

User-312386 22:34 30 Mar 07

sounds like virtual mempry problem

Restart and see what happens

User-312386 22:34 30 Mar 07

Meant to say "Virtual memory"

Conny 23:49 30 Mar 07

Hi Madboy.
Tried that and got the same message.Any other suggestions I can try tomorrow?
Thanks.

Forum Editor 00:16 31 Mar 07

when Windows, or something else, tries to write to a protected memory area. The cause might be anything from the BIOS, to hardware drivers, to the operating system. The fact that you say the error message appears when you first turn the computer on is indicative of a BIOS problem - if was going to be a software-related issue it would happen later in the boot sequence.

Conny 21:29 01 Apr 07

Hi F.E. sorry I haven't been able to get back before now, been very busy. Yes it only happens when I first turn on the PC so if it is a Bios problem is there anything I can do to solve it? Would a system restore do the trick? Thanks.

woodchip 21:33 01 Apr 07

You could try Going into BIOS and set defaults to see if it goes away, But you will then have to reset things. So If I was you write each page settings down first

Conny 22:01 01 Apr 07

Hi Woodchip. So long as it is not doing any harm and I haven't been hacked I think I will leave it as it is. I don't fancy the idea of twiddling with the BIOS. Too many things could go wrong. Thanks everyone for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…