//some 3rd party need geo

Warning Not Genuine Windows XP

jimmyflood 08:39 31 May 06

This Morning, I Received A Warning, Saying That I Had Recently Run A Windows Update And It Had Been Noted That I Was Not Running A Genuine Copy Of Windows XP.My Copy Of XP Was Pre-Installed On My Sony Vaio, Which I Have Had For 3 Years. I Regularly Run Windows Update And Have Always Had My DownLoads Authenticated By Windows Genuine Authentication Tool.Does Anyone Know If This Is A Hoax Going About. There Was No Link To Another Site. All It Said Was That I Would Have One Chance To Rectify The Issue.

961 08:53 31 May 06

Well, the same thing happened to me at the weekend while loading a security update for .net from the Microsoft update site

I know the copy of Windows on the computer I was working with is genuine but nevertheless after loading the security update and re-booting I got a message on the log on window that the copy of xp was not genuine

I went to the Microsoft validation site where you can check that your copy is genuine. The site confirmed it was, and I have had no trouble since

jolorna 08:55 31 May 06

there was a ms validation update yesterday KB905474 so it isn't a hoax you might have to get in touch with ms and explain it

jimmyflood 09:00 31 May 06

Thank You 961 & Jolorna, Sleep Better Tonight.

The Spires 09:08 31 May 06

click here shows the Microsoft illegal software popup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…