warning email? saying I have your password?

Jackie1 01:58 05 Mar 04

Please help

I received a email from postmaster with attachment titled creditcard screen attached?

Also message at bottom of page saying I HAVE YOUR PASSWORD?

2nd message also recieved from different postmaster subject= Something for you?

Have you any ideas what theses are? &

Nothing picked up by Norton antivirus 2004?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 02:27 05 Mar 04

I had an Email called Something for you with attachment it had Niachi worm in it ,was from hotmail and they supposed to scan with mcaffee but it didnt pick that 1 up.

Jackie1 02:38 05 Mar 04

What a pain!! How did you get rid? Norton isn't detecting & is reporting a clear system? Although Hotmail did pick up both & deactivated the attachment.

Just been on symantec site & both are listed with Netsky W32 stuff.

Any ideas how we can stop it coming in, in the future incase Hotmail doesn't stop it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:18 05 Mar 04

'Any ideas how we can stop it coming in'......you cannot stop it. Hotmail will provide enough protection. If you do get infected it is NOT serious and is triple easy to clean.

Valvegrid 07:34 05 Mar 04

You can't stop them. If Norton doesn't pick them up it's best to use your own anti virus, the brain. Don't trust any anti virus program, it's only a tool and tools can and do break. If you see any email, even from someone you know with an attachement you are not expecting and are suspicious of it, delete it.

I always think its good manners to email the recipient first to tell them you are sending an email with an attachment and exactly what it is, also the format of the attachment, incase they can't open it, the size incase it exceeds their inbox size and an agreed word in the subject line that only the two of you know. I know it's long winded, but it will safeguard you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…