Wardaemon FTP server help

h_miah 23:13 17 Aug 03

I just installed the software. However, I do not even know the ftp url and how to upload files. Can anyone help and tell me how to find out what the url and upload files?

User-312386 23:15 17 Aug 03

1st things first could you give us some details of your FTP account at your ISP

h_miah 23:17 17 Aug 03

i'm not sure what you mean, I'm new to this ftp business. My isp is plusdsl.net.

User-312386 23:21 17 Aug 03

I assume that with your ISP that you have free web-space. You normally have to activate this with your ISP.

When activated, your ISP will then give you what the FTP address is.

It is usually something like click here(your isp).net

when you go to the FTP site then you are presented with a log in screen which you type in your user name and password

madboy33

h_miah 23:51 17 Aug 03

oops, it's plus.net

User-312386 23:56 17 Aug 03

type in your url click here

now a box will pop up asking you for your user name and password (the user name is usually the 1st part of your e-mail address and your password is normally your e-mail password)

User-312386 23:57 17 Aug 03

the url for your info is ftp. plus . net

without the spaces

h_miah 13:06 18 Aug 03

yeah, I tried that and it says "The page cannot be displayed". It even says that on the isp home page. Also, most services seem to think that my isp is plusdsl.net because that is part of my username to get a braadband connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…