Warcraft 3 - Freezes

Tony FS 00:17 19 Feb 03

hi all,

having problems with Warcraft 3 freezing after about 10 - 30 mins.
The game just freezes, i.e. doesn't crash to desktop or reboot. The only option when this happens is to hard reset the machine.

The computer is up to spec,

Chip - AMD Athlon 2000 XP
G.Card - Geforce4 128MB SDRAM using MX 440 Navida chip, using the latest drivers
Using DirectX 9.0 and the latest patch for the game.

Anyone else out there having problems with this game??

Other 3D games are working fine.

Thx in advance.

Tony FS 00:18 19 Feb 03

BTW using 512 MB DDR RAM.

smegs 01:33 19 Feb 03

Get a better Pc. That should do it ;-)))

powerless 01:54 19 Feb 03

Hmm...

Overheating maybe? W

What are your temperatures?

Spook Tooth 02:10 19 Feb 03

Have you patched it to most recent version (v.1.05)?

click here or
click here

General support
click here

Specific help click here (not very detailed though)

It may be a hardware conflict - check soundcard and if hardware is enabled for sound (EAX) for instance, turn it off and then run the game. Try disabling it completely, if problem persists.

Other checkpoints, graphics card drivers - version is up to date etc, game is installed correctly (patched up), any game-mods etc have been confirmed to be working fine (free of virus also), game settings are not too high graphically etc, and to generally check the pattern of crashing (other than after half hour - any other activity - on screen or another part of Windows - running progs etc).

Also, overheating - maybe give your CPU a check, ensure graphics card (should it be overclocked) isn't cooking. Errors are more prone in either instance - but my money's on soundcard at present - just a hunch, but soundcards are quite a common source of game pain. Also, it may help if you uninstall and clear out orphaned files/folders, then reinstall cleanly and to default directly. Do pursue the FAQ at the official or unofficail support websites, especially game forums - some one will know the specific solution.

click here

Google....

Spook Tooth 02:12 19 Feb 03
  Tony FS 07:21 19 Feb 03

Thanks all, I'll give those a try when I get home tonight

Tony FS 23:02 23 Oct 03

Fixed BTW!!!!!! Cooling problem!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…