Wanting to delete attachments in Outlook Express

Sonbat 09:34 31 Jan 06

I just backup my inbox and sent folders and got a shock to see its 680mb in size. I know the problem is in the attachments. I want to keep the emails but delete most of the attachments. I've googled for an answer without much luck. Anyone got any idea in deleting just the attachment?

billyliv 10:17 31 Jan 06

Hi Sonbat, The only way I know is to create a folder in My documents, Open your e.mail, highlight and copy the e.mail text you want to keep. Type in who the mail is from. Open the folder you created in My Documents and Paste the mail contents into it and Save As. Go back to your E.Mail and Delete the mail. Cheers, Bill

Sonbat 05:20 01 Feb 06

ty Bill....was looking for something easier...I've got about 6 years of emails to do, that might take a while to do..but ty anyway

Wak 10:39 01 Feb 06

I have OE Quick Tools which will do what you want and I got it years ago when it was a freebie on a mag CD.
click here
Hope this helps.

Sonbat 08:40 02 Feb 06

Ty Wak....that site was most useful and had the program that will fix not one attachment problem but a few other things as well....great assistance, ty again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…