Wanted Rock Solid Reg Cleaner & Maintainer

spuds 12:37 20 Sep 07

Having tried a number of Registry cleaner and maintenance programmes, I am looking at our vast audience of forum members for any recommendations and preferences. Possibly free or trial programmes of 'proven and quality assured' status.

I was using RegscrubXP up to this morning, but I have now got fed up with it finding the same problems, that suggests previous deleted programmes are a problem. At present Advanced Window Care 2 is on call on the computer, doing the registry cleaning plus other tasks.

birdface 12:45 20 Sep 07

Winaso.click here 1year trial period.It only repairs 10 items at a time, But you can run it as often as you like, It also has a registry defrag on it.Great program,Try it and you won't delete it.

birdface 12:45 20 Sep 07

I should have said the Optimizer is the one that you want.

VoG II 12:47 20 Sep 07

Not free but excellent click here

spuds 13:11 20 Sep 07

I have used the programmes mentioned in the past. Will put them on my 'try again' list.Thanks.

stylehurst 14:16 20 Sep 07

Have a look at jv16 power tools. Not free but very competent.

Technotiger 14:22 20 Sep 07

I have just bought click here so far very good, had used the free version for some years, this latest version actually shows what it is doing.

Seth Haniel 14:55 20 Sep 07

click here

Regseeker

"but I have now got fed up with it finding the same "

Some programs insist on when starting -installing all and every part of the program even unused ones - that when the regcheckers go to work find them unused and offers to clean them - just for the program to put them back next time you switch on

I have used Regseeker without any misshaps for the last few years and think if you search this forum- so have quite a few more

cocteau48 16:10 20 Sep 07

CCleaner/Winaso/Advanced Windows Care/Reg Mechanic all seem to show clean up results which bear some relationship to what you have been doing on the computer re:installing/uninstalling progs etc.and I therefore have some faith in them.

Regseeker and Regscrub XP both come up with results in the hundreds and both rendered my machine inoperable when I tried them. (On both occasions I made sure that I had created backup and system restore points before deleting as I expected an ensuing disaster)

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner on the other hand always seems to come up with 29/35 errors no matter what you have been doing which I find very odd.
It is interesting to try different cleaners and compare the results but at the end of the day it is probably best not to become too paranoid about keeping your registry squeeky clean.

sunny staines 16:59 20 Sep 07

more or less ident as c.48 says above, although i do use eusing with no problems.

[i did use free version of reg mechanic 5 but it had trouble repairing some errors it found, winaso fix all those problem ones that RM5 could not fix.]

spuds 18:10 21 Sep 07

Downloaded and reinstalled Winaso, and it found 297 problems, when AWC2 can only find 4.

At present I am about to trial Registry Repair Pro 4 from 3b Software. I'll see what that turns up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…