Wanted - idiots guide to wireless

vardy 21:03 06 Feb 03

I am thinking of buying a laptop and I would like to know how I can wirelessly connect to my PC's Freeserve Broadband connection using the laptop. I'm afraid all the articles I see go into too much technical detail, and my eyes start to glaze over. Is there someone prepared to spend a few minutes to explain how easy it really is?

Could I buy an iBook and use that to link to my PC? I don't know how compatible there really are.
Thanks in advance.

davey 21:33 06 Feb 03

Hi

I use a sony laptop connected to my desktop which connects to the internet using the wireless technology its quite simple to set up.

All you need is to buy a wireless adapter and connect this to your desktop, then configure laptop to the wireless adapter this also gives the benefits of file sharing, using the other desktop resources such as printer etc all used in wireless mode.

Pumas 21:56 06 Feb 03

More details anybody?

vardy 21:58 06 Feb 03

thanks for your response, that's great

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:11 07 Feb 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…