Wanted File Shredder (freeware)

Longinus 13:54 07 Jun 04

Hi all,

I'm giving my old PC my pensioner neighbour and I would like to know if there is a freeware program that can scan my hardrive and shred all the files/documents/ect that I have deleted over the years as I don't want my PC to end up on some car-boot in a few years time and fall into the wrong hands with lots of info about me on it.

SANTOS7 13:57 07 Jun 04

click here this should help, good luck

Longinus 14:17 07 Jun 04

Cheers Santos,I'll give it a try when I get home.

btw,

Will this program automatically scan my hardrive?

Longinus 11:08 08 Jun 04

Santos:

I've had a look at the program and I don't really think the it's what I'm looking for.

I need something that will automatically scan for all the things I've deleted over the years and then shread.

I don't want to have to do it manually because I don't really know where to look and I may miss something that could compromise my privacy.

This PC has still got a few years left in it (P3 550,364memory) and is ideal for the old guy next door because he only wants it so he can email his friend abroad and it would be a shame to throw it away,but I really want to be sure that all the stuff I've deleted is shreaded for good.

feb 11:30 08 Jun 04

How about this one? click here

Longinus 12:44 08 Jun 04

Cheers feb,but you still have to search for the files/folders yourself.

I just want one that will scan all the deleted files on my PC and then shread them,does such a thing exist (for free)?

Mikè 13:44 08 Jun 04

click here This appears to be what you need.

SANTOS7 13:46 08 Jun 04

looks good to me, good luck

Longinus 14:04 08 Jun 04

Cheers,I'll take a look at that when I get home.

btw,

Do I download it to a floppy and then open it the run it from there?

Is there any way I can just download the program to my desktop and run it from there?

spuds 14:06 08 Jun 04

Possibly not what you want, but worth a browse anyway!. click here click here click here

feb 15:38 08 Jun 04

With Eraser, you can shred the unused space on your HD. Open the program click File>New Task>unused space on, and change to local disk. I thought that would get rid of your deleted files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…