Wanted - cheap printer with cheap replacement ink

Widows Son 17:14 16 May 04

Could anyone recommend a cheap inkjet (up to about £50) for which cheap cartridges (I don’t care if they’re original or compatible) are available.

I’m looking one for my 7 year olds pc (anyone out there with kids will realise just how much junk a 7 year old will print out) so quality of prints is only a secondary concern.

Thanks in advance for your help

Diodorus Siculus 17:17 16 May 04

I realise that a kid will probably want colour, but can you convince him of the speed and quality of laser?

If not, then you can have a look at the epson range - cheap compatibles are available.

sidecar sid 17:21 16 May 04
  spuds 17:36 16 May 04

Cheapness,reliability and good performance.Go for Epson.

I use Lexmark [expensive to run] and HP [similar to Epson, only dearer cartridges].Also Samsung Laser [ no fun for kids,too drab].

pj123 17:39 16 May 04

The Epson printers are the cheapest option at the moment for buying and for ink replacement. But with a maximum of £50 I think you are looking at secondhand. The cheapest I can see is £49.95 from click here Replacement ink for the C64 is available at various prices depending on the amount you buy from click here

Eastender 17:42 16 May 04

click here and put i250 in the search box, read the reviews scroll down and look at the price of the compatibles.

Widows Son 10:11 19 May 04

I've found a local retailer doing the Epson C44UX for £47 including a cable. As I live in Northern Ireland and am hit with crazy surcharges by Ebuyer etc I'll go for it

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…