Want Windows 98 (or Me) disc

Steinman 19:58 12 May 03

Quick & easy really.
Sister in Netherlands has PC - but all in Dutch.
Wants Windows 98 (or Me) ENGLISH disc for clean install. Are there any sites that sell them ?
Ta.

leo49 20:04 12 May 03

click here

98se @£72 inc vat

sil_ver 20:24 12 May 03

Try Ebay. I bought a shrinkwrapped Win98SE for £25.

expertec 09:53 13 May 03

click here

98 SE @ £69 including VAT & P+P
ME @ £87.00 including VAT & P+P

Steinman 11:15 20 May 03

The sites seem to be offering the OEM versions.
Presumably they are the versions supplied to PC builders. Or, in other words - no manual - no yr Microsoft support etc. But in all other sense are working Windows which sis could put on PC & all would run ok. ??
Could someone please clarify the situation. Am I correct. ??
Many thanks

leo49 11:21 20 May 03

On the Link I supplied it states CD + Manual - can't get clearer than that. As for MS Support - not clear what you mean.

Steinman 11:34 20 May 03

So it does!
Must have not realised it as looking at other links as well as those in responses.Have to get eyes tested (or brain seen to !)
I thought that originally Msoft gave a yr of telephone support for their products, but as now most PC's come pre installed with Windows then the manufacturer offers support instead.

Pesala 11:40 20 May 03

Anyone know what that is? (>_<)

Surely someone must be old enough to remember? I am old enough to remember WordPerfect support. Once you paid for the package, you could ring them up any time in the first year for unlimited free technical support.

leo49 12:17 20 May 03

I would have thought the support issue is a bit irrelevant really,as the web is chock-a-block with sites dedicated to Windows and Help forums there are a-plenty.Sign her up as a PCA member - you know it makes sense. :o)

Steinman 12:40 20 May 03

Agreed. :-)

pj123 14:52 20 May 03

I can do you Win98SE with disc and licence for UK £70 plus recorded delivery to Holland at UK £3.

Total £73 UK sterling or will accept Euros 102 at today's exchange rate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5