Want to uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer

JCT 09:52 09 Apr 03

I’m running Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.11061S SP1 q313829 on Windows 98SE, which has worked perfectly for months, but because of a problem I’m now having, I wanted to uninstall and reinstall it. Control Panel Add/Remove programs only gives me the choices to add a component or repair IE – restore previous configuration is greyed out, and there’s no uninstall option.
I tried reinstalling from both Windows Update Setup Files folder and from the original IE6 CD, in the hope that this might over-write the problem, and in each case got the message that setup cannot continue because there is a newer version already installed. I assume this is because I’ve done a couple of Windows Updates since the original IE6 install. I tried moving the IE folder out of Program Files, but still got the message about there being a newer version.
Basically, Help! – I don’t know what to do next.

Andsome 09:56 09 Apr 03

It could be worth trying a visit to Microsoft Windows Update, and trying to download the program again. I did this once and it just downloaded all that was needed to correct the problem.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:00 09 Apr 03

From Mr Gates' excellent resource.......click here

G

woodchip 18:08 09 Apr 03

You can use IEradicator2001.zip to remove IE all together you can then restore from a CD but it will not remove Outlook Express click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…