Want to transfer film on my JVC HDD Camcord to PC

newmanator 12:47 20 Jul 06

Have purchased a JVC Everio harddisc camcorder and want to dowmload my film images to my PC.

I am going to get an upgraded PC, but for now is it possible to use the USB 2.0 port to transfer the images to my approx 6 years old time computer which has had no upgrades.

I have attahced the camcorder to the pc with the usb cable and the computer knows it has the camera attached, but what hardware and software do I need to import these images.

In short term only want to put onto computer for storage and then be able to transfer it onto DVD.

Longer term want to be able to edit the images on PC and then burn to DVD, but know I will probably need an upgraded PC to give me the power I need to work on the images.

Any advice on where for me to go next?

FelixTCat 12:58 20 Jul 06

If your computer is running XP, you don't need any software. The camcorder will show up as a new hard drive in My Computer and you just copy the files to your hard drive. It will be very slow with USB 1, however.

Other operating systems will need software of some sort.

Regards,

Felix

johndrew 15:24 20 Jul 06

My son bought one of these cameras and it came with a whole lot of software including an editor. I think one part of it may well have been some specific download software. Have you installed all that came with the camera?

It may well solve your problem and any you find that you don`t need you can uninstall later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017