Want "Silent Drive" but have 2HDD and only......

SDJ 22:52 03 Mar 03

1 5.25 bay available.

My drives are a 40gb Maxtor (5400rpm) and a 80gb Seagate (7200rpm) which one should get the Silent Drive and does anyone have any suggestions what to do with the second.

I havent been able to find out which one makes the most noise as I have only just found that it is the drives giving me the headache, I am very sensitive to the higher pitch tones.

Is there any way I could insulate the 3.5 drive bays? I have an Antec soho case with 2 removable 3.5 drive bays.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

MAJ 23:01 03 Mar 03

Install the 80 gig and give me the 40 gig, SDJ. :-)

Seriously though, I know what you mean, I have the same problem with bats when I'm out for a stroll at night. Be careful if you find a way to insulate the drive bays, you don't want a heat build up either.

SDJ 11:36 04 Mar 03

Cheers MAJ, so it would be an idea to insulate the drive bay itself? I do have a silent fan cooling the drives at present (mounted infront of the drives and bring in air from the front of the case.

Anyone else with any comments?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…