Want to re-install windows vista

big erch 11:37 19 Apr 08

Having massive problems, too long to describe. My opinion to solve the problem is to re-install vista, however, when I insert the disc and select install now, I receive "Windows could not retrieve information about disks on this computer". I can still use the C drive albeit very slow and limited. There is no control panel and going through windows explorer to reach the restore settings, they are no longer available. Can anyone give me some advice? Much appreciated.

retep888 11:50 19 Apr 08

Boot with the Vista disk after altering the boot order to dvd-rom first,after Vista loaded all files and then click repair.

Pineman100 14:34 19 Apr 08

Apologies if this is very obvious, but before you do a full reinstall, have you tried booting up in Safe Mode and then running System Restore, back to a date before the troubles began?

big erch 10:35 20 Apr 08

retep888 & Pineman100 thank you very much for your help. The problem has been resolved, although through a combination of both pieces of advice. Couldn't achieve a system restore in safe mode, but found it when I tried to re-install windows vista in safe mode wiht the repair windows facility. Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…