want to learn more about pcs

tutts 19:42 17 Feb 03

can any one help me i want to build my own computer , iv only fitted ram , were could i learn how to fit h drive etc,iv been told its a doodle, is there a corse in collage that learns you how to build pcs , or can i go on say 3 week corse or do it in my home .
thanks chris

MAJ 19:48 17 Feb 03

There's nothing to beat hands-on experience, tutts. Your local Tech will probably have a beginners course, check them out. In the meantime open your case, take a look inside, see how things are connected together, try to identify all the parts, take out your CD-ROM drive and stick it back in again. Oh and ask plenty of questions on this and other forums.

Gongoozler 19:50 17 Feb 03

Hi tutts. Have a look at the information on this very useful site.
click here

Also see if you can find the series of articles on building a computer in the October, November and December 2002 issues of PCA magazine.

Pesala 20:03 17 Feb 03

I think the colleges do courses in English too, Tutt (*.*) or is this a new kind of fonetic forum speek?

jazzypop 20:58 17 Feb 03

It's all on the Web. See click here and click here for example.

Five minutes with Google will tell you how to do just about anything to / with a PC

TECHNODIMWIT 21:16 17 Feb 03

click here

another site, just as good as any.

Sir Radfordin™ 22:02 17 Feb 03

Take your PC to bits, making a note of what went where and then see if you can put it back together again. Just don't go OTT, start by just removing the cables and then the cards and perhaps the memory. Don't bother with heatsinks or processors though they are best left alone.

If on putting it all back together you don't have a collection of screws at your side you know you've gone wrong ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…